Thursday 18 November 2010

Today at the beach.



Hello. So you see I am really here! I realise all my photos have failed to show me and therefore some of you may have doubted it was at all true. I am sad that I don't look brown in the photo as I can assure you tannedness is inching its way upon my pale skin. It's so funny all the Thai people spend loads on whitening creams and we're all risking skin cancer to get darker! So it's all got rather random here-in a good way. I woke up to find that someone had swept my porch! It's quite big and we keep our shoes out there to try and keep sand out of the house. Someone had paired our shoes neatly onto a wooden bech and swept and mopped the floor. A mystery fairy.
Yesterday after my teaching at the noodle bar they presented me with a huge bowl of noodles with fresh crab mixed in for free. Again who knows why. And all night at the bar I was kept topped up with whiskey and soda by Lek. A lucky day.
So Ewan Mcgreggor is in town! He's making a movie about the Tsunami and they're looking for western extras so I'm going to enquire today. Maybe I can't teach but I can star in a film! Added to that Christian announced he's in discussions with a few schools in the town up the road about me working there but he is anxious that they provide me transport before any deal is made! This is all most odd.
With love, Jo xxx

2 comments:

  1. Looks as though you're having a run of good luck.
    Maybe now would be a good time to do the lottery.

    Quick story.
    My phone rang tonight, I wondered why you were calling then realised that your mum now has your mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's wet and getting cold at home and I'm not jealous well maybe a bit. See you in the movies and speak over the weekend love Mum xxxxx

    ReplyDelete