Thursday 11 November 2010

Opening Night

A Chili Peppers number as I know the crew would expect nothing less from Mike.




All went smoothly and the music was fantastic. I figured you'd think I was biased so here you are. A selection of clips from the many videos I took forgetting how long they would take to put on here. The bar looks magical all lit up at night and there were loads of people there. Success for Mai Muang I'd say.
As for me I've been teaching in a junior school with a group of volunteers called Voulnteer Teachers Thailand. We taught all 4 classes 40 minutes of English each and will go once a week. The kids are so excitable and pretty eager to learn. They all stand up and do the old fashioned 'good morning teacher' thing at the start of class. They have rowns of wooden desks and blackboards but snazzy modern uniforms it's quite a contrast. Hope you are all well. Get better soon Mum! Love, Jo xxx
p.s sorry that I couldn't get Love Shack on here-too big will figure out a different way to get it to you, Mary.
This is my absolute favourite Thai song. It might be less technically smooth but it's the one song that gets everyone dancing/singing/clapping Farang and Thai alike.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very good and Mike looks really happy. I am quite glad Thai children aren't perfect either! A day a week teaching will keep your hand in and I'm sure you'll soon organise it the way you want it. Mumxxxx

    ReplyDelete