Wednesday 3 November 2010

Bye bye Phuket

It's my last night in Phuket and I should be packing but I find myself unwilling. I am very much looking forward to starting life in Bang Niang but this has been home for 5 weeks...
Today after school we had lunch and sunbathed by Alice's pool. Jordi and Mod picked us up and took us to meet Chris and Ice at Nai Harn beach. It was so beautiful with palm trees meeting the white sand and tiny islands just off of the coast. I even saw a monkey hitching a lift on some unsuspecting pick-up drivers truck. It was bloody huge! I'm not sure I want to see one again soon. We swam in the warm, clear sea and had a beer and watched the sunset later. It was really perfect. Back in Phuket Town we had dinner with Guus etc at the Old Tricycle, one last time hey?
I've been lucky to meet such fantastic friends and while I'm sad to say goodbye I'm sure we'll meet up soon.
Anyway time to pack up and head off into the sunset one more time.
Missing you all at home.
Jo xxxx

4 comments:

  1. At last a monkey! How exciting. I'm sure these friends will remain so for a long time and isn't it great to have friends around the world. Good luck in the next adventure. Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your mum says you'll probably bump into those same friends from time to time. I'm also sure that you'll make more in your new home, in fact it looks as though you have already started doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small world -- my mate is visiting Phuket next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny. Well I'm sure they'll have a lovely time there. The weather is mostly perking up now too. xx

    ReplyDelete