Tuesday 29 March 2011

My Birthday

I wasn't excited about having my birthday so far from home but it turned out to be a good day. Mike took me shopping at the mall-one of our favourite places to hang out due to all the cool shops and the only Star Bucks in the prefecture. I know I was never into Starbucks in the UK but a little touch of familiarity goes a long way.
Last night we attempted a nerve racking journey over to Kani using google map screen shots on my Kindle as a map. We got there! Went for dinner with Keith, Imme, Miyuki, Bryn and Chris. The food was delicious and we shared different plates again. Sashimi, Salads, Deep fried cheese dumplings, Prawns in tempura, Chicken in breadcrumbs. The staff brought me a cake and sang Happy Birthday to me in English and then took a polaroid photo which they mounted on a caligraphy background and wrote Happy Birthday, Jo on it!
The kindness of Japanese culture.
Love, Jo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment