Friday 10 December 2010

Last Night in Bang Niang


Pa, me and Apple



Oy, Finn, Odd-as-a Cod, Mike, Pa and Apple.

This is the noodle bar on our last night on Sunday. Pa and Apple are the two girls I taught-I should call them women as they're both much older than me. I truly will remember them forever. Although I was teaching them I learnt so much from them. They would teach me bits of Thai and always make me exotic food and drink. They are so good at having fun and so hard-working. After the long days they had put in and the hours still to go they'd sit and learn English for as long as I would stay there. Hours sometimes. Jumping up to serve customers in between.
Oy is older and spoke quite a bit of English. She very much looks after the other two and makes them take any opportunity offered to them. Finn is from Denmark but spends most of his time in Bang Niang living with Oy. The other lady we really don't know she appeared a couple of times in our last days there and would always act quite bizzarely as the photo shows hence her nickname.

Well I am already picking up a bit of work here in Phuket. I have two private lessons at the weekend but I'm also doing a lot of supply style work which suits me quite well.

We have moved into a suite on the top floor of our hotel as it's the only room available from now until New Year. It is bigger than our flat in Waterloo St for those that visited. We have a lounge with a sofa bed, a table and chairs, a cubby with a fridge, kettle and microwave. A bathroom and a separate kitchen sink opposite each other and then a large bedroom. Luxury for Christmas.

More of an update again than a theme but there you have it. I'll try and get some style back soon.

Love, Jo

1 comment:

  1. I can always detect Mike's influence I am sure he came up with odd as a cod!Love it. Your penthouse suite looks very nice obviously room for visitors!!! I wish Mumxxx

    ReplyDelete