Monday 13 December 2010

A days work at last.

So today I worked at a Kindergarten in Patong. It was quite fun really. I had to teach three classes of about 30 four year olds from 9 until 10.30 then another class from 2.30 til 3. That was it. This is a supply job while the teacher sorts out her visa in Malaysia. We ran through the alphabet, sang the song. Did a bit of counting with some singing, had a game involving days of the week and also one involving colours. I played hokey cokey with one particularly noisy class. And with my very well behaved class we even got onto simple commands like run, walk, jump which they delighted in.
I'm going back tomorrow. The search for full time work continues but only because I'm being a little fussy in what I choose.
Mike has had a break from Guitar and is now back on it in a serious way teaching himself no end of fancy new things while I'm at work. The suite continues to treat us well and it's nice to have a proper place to hang out in. We even used the microwave to make jacket spuds and baked beans last night! It was a tad disappointing though-it nuked the spud and the beans tasted like rubbish ones back home. But it had to be tried.

So as Mum correctly identified we do have room for visitors for another 17 days.

Love Jo xx

2 comments:

  1. "So as Mum correctly identified we do have room for visitors for another 17 days."

    Hmm is that where she's off to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only in her wishful thinking I believe. x

    ReplyDelete